FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:23 pm
Modo

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Location Location?

Originally Posted by alc
This HGI @ HK was actually mention by paul00 in the joining/leaving thread in Dec 2015:

post #1027

As Modo mentioned, it is very close to the HIX Mong Kok, 1 street north as per Google Map.
Depending on which day you look at Google Maps the address moves between one block North of the HIX Mong Kok to one block East of Nathan Road on Soy Street. I was at the HIX last night and intended to try and verify but it was very very wet. One location is almost on the dual carriageway/freeway well west of Nathan Road. The other is pretty close to the Southern end of Ladies Market on the opposite side of Nathan Road.Logic suggest number 2 Soy Street should be at the Western end of the street - so close to the HIX. But it was probably numbered under British rule so it probably followed the logic of the numbering of London districts LOL (it is logical - based on alphabetical district name not proximity to the Centre...... after the number 1).

Location wise the former is possibly closer to Yau Me Tai Pitt Street (A1). The other location better using Mong Kok.

For HKCEC it is MTR to Admiralty and cross platform line change to Wanchai (one more stop. The exit for HKCEC at Wanchai has an escalator up to the covered walkway in the the exhibition centre complex. Not far but with crowding, hawkers and Asian walking speeds probably allow 10 minutes from the train. Hotel to HKCEC including walk at both end about 45 minutes. Despite the distance CP Kowloon East is probably quicker for HKCEC visitors. I suspect pricing will be similar.