FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using MR points for vacation club properties
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:01 pm
backspinnn

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT Platinum
Using MR points for vacation club properties

Hello FT peeps,

I am a long time MR platinum member and I have run into a road block booking vacation club properties. My family and I used to stay at Hilton Head Island vacation club properties every summer using my MR points. They were spendy at 50k or more per night, but they were easily attainable. For the last two years, I have not been able to find a single reservation available for points and I have been checking for availability at least every two weeks for the past year in advance.

The Marriott property manager has discounted rates advertised on VRBO and there are rooms available for a cash rate on marriott.com, but if you switch from cash rate to points nothing is available. I reached out to the MR team on facebook and they said that only so many rooms are available for MR points. It seems they would rather have a cash room sit empty than let it be booked with MR points. Has anyone else noticed the inability to book vacation club properties with points? I am very aggravated with the MR rewards program now and I am considering ditching the MR credit card and switching brands for the first time in a decade.

Chris