FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are gift cards ever denied as counting toward the sign up bonus?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:01 pm
machavelia

Lightbulb Are gift cards ever denied as counting toward the sign up bonus?

I'm new here, and though not new to churning, would like to now start applying for several CC's in one day (to not destroy my credit score... so far I've been applying for one a time, meeting the minimum, signing up for the next, etc), buying GCs to meet the minimum spending, and then using those GCs to pay for my normal expenses. I'm not interested in getting into true MS quite yet (in the sense of trying to covert GCs back to cash... I will actually be using the GCs to pay for my usual living expenses.)

Questions, if you don't mind:
-Do CC companies ever not count GC toward sign up bonuses? In other words, would it look fishy to them if I charged 3k worth of gift cards in the first week of getting the card and then never bought anything else? Would I still collect the sign up bonus?
-Assuming CC companies don't care that the sign up bonus is met exclusively buying gift cards, the most versatile GC to buy would be Visa gift cards, right?

Thank you!! Perhaps after a few months of this I will graduate to true MS techniques.