FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do y'all do for a living that requires so much travel?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:27 am
FF524

I have to ask - when do folks find time to work given the number of flights and hours per week shared on this post that they spend flying each week? It takes me five hours including airport drive time to get to my destination each Monday morning. Another five hours to get home at the end of the week and that is on a good week where everything is in the same time zone, non stop flights and no delays. That's 25% of the "work week". If I add a side trip into my week, that's another 5 to 10 hours and that happen late at night or early AM to give me actual daylight hours with clients. My weekly pace that consumes 25% of my work week has produced 60k MQM excluding rollover YTD. How are folks able to spend so many hours in flight to accrue at the pace that we are seeing here without sacrificing their weekends and every other minute of time outside of the typical work 7a - 6p work week and have time to work at their destinations?