FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will the Canada border find out if you are under probation?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:51 pm
Kissiedemon

Originally Posted by Mrdonut
Florida criminal lawyer here. Are you sure your bail bondsman and probation officer know you have left the USA?
In my jurisdiction the bondsman remains on the bond until the case is resolved, meaning when you have completed the conditions of pretrial intervention. Perhaps you were released by order of the court, w/o a bail bond but most of those orders I've seen restrict travel.
Does the probation officer know you're in Alaska and left the country? I would not have given a client the green light to risk this.
I remember a recent survey had frequent travelers rate Border Control strictness - Canada was #2, Israel was #8, IIRC.
At this rate I would fly to SEA and meet your husband there to continue the drive.
Hi,

Yes my probation officer and the Judge knew that I am in Alaska, and so as my Lawyer, . The incident happened when we almost leave florida on our way to alaska. Then the cop gave me a summon ticket to appear in court and we are not in florida on that date given, so I hired a criminal defense lawyer, and she knew that I am not in Florida. So the atty prosecutor I guess in court, offered me a PTI, so I signed a paperwork and send to my lawyer overnight since they want the original paperwork. So now my P.O knows that I am not in florida and be back there in florida last week of October. And when I read my PTI contract before signing it, it didn't say any restrictions for travel. But when I have a PTI officer, I told her about our travel plan and she gave me permission for traveling. As long as I will send my monthly report to her, and pay the fees,then keep her update about my address, phone #, and some other travels, then do the community service or buy out the hours, do the health and mental evaluation and the shoplifting class once we get back to florida. The judge gave me a bond amount but its now close since I am eligible for PTI. So i guess I only have a PTI/Probation officer.