FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your choice for a long weekend in Chicago?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:03 am
Valveking

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I stayed at the PH as well over spring break last year in a Grand Exec suite (not sure if there's really any difference)... we had our kids with us and used the family plan to add a connecting room... the PH gets maligned both in the luxury and in the Hyatt forum but our stay was quite good... the hard product is probably a 4+ star standard but our service was quite good- specifically geared to our kids... special kids amenities, multiple deliveries of cookies and milk over our stay.. we were quite happy... Now, at the same price point it doesn't compare with the top luxe hotels but it definitely represents a great value in the near lux market.....

FDW
I agree 100%. We were in the exact same room type with the connector with our kids. I am not sure why this hotel would be getting maligned in the Hyatt forum although sometimes on this site in the hotel brand forums, it seems people are more worried about getting free stuff and using their points rather than giving honest appraisals of the hotels themselves.