FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX blocking award availability when it's close to departure?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:58 am
longliveKA

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Originally Posted by jazzmailman
I'm very unhappy with this decision. I credit and collect BA avios for the sole purpose of redeeming for HKG-TPE but yet haven't been able to use it for a while. No clarification has ever been offered until this thread.

While I'd blame the fraudulent activity basically came from BA's own mistake of getting hacked - I agree with one of the previous poster that if you can somehow enable it via phone booking so that we can prove our identity, it's at least a stopgap to whatever BA is trying accomplish.

Dear BA, if you are reading this, can you at least enable the redemption via phone? At least I can provide you with my personal information, and the 'hackers ' are very less likely to actually call to make a redemption.

Thank you.
Same same here!
The whole point of EC is being able to redeem on shorthaul with CX. Last year, BA even promoted EC as a cheap way to get intra Asia flights....
They better find a way to make their accounts more secure, this lack of safety, and limiting last minute redemptions does not encourage people to earn miles with EC.