FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:42 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
8. It's the spring of 1974 and you are in Hartford where you've just completed a project. Now it's time to have some fun....so head west, young man, in first class! You won quite a bit of money playing poker last time you were in Las Vegas so you decide to try your luck again. There are no nonstop flights at this time from BDL to LAS. However, a one stop service catches your eye and you book a seat in the front cabin. You'll depart at 8:00am and arrive at 12 noon with breakfast and lunch being served en route. Name the airline, the equipment and the en route stop.

So we know it's United and the flight routes through Chicago. I can't imagine a 727 would attract much attention, and I think we're a year or two early for United's 747 service into Hartford. Let's go with a DC-10, and I'll even roll the dice and go one farther and have a guess at the flight number:

I once flew the appropriately numbered UA 711 ORD-LAS aboard a 767-200 and I vaguely recall the flight leaving mid-morning.

And now it's off to work. Yesterday one of our runs got trapped between two landslides. I missed another on the Toklat cliffs by about 5 minutes. The rain continues today with flood warnings out for Denali Park and the Interior. Wish me luck!
8. Ah, the aircraft was not a DC-10. And you're also off a couple of digits with regard to the flight number (although it does start with 7 and is three numbers).

Be careful out there in the wilds of Alaska, my man!

And we are off to the country for a big BBQ and fireworks show.

Happy Fourth, Everyone!