FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel as companion to person with Alzheimer's/ dementia
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:51 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by JDiver
Wow! I'll bet several prople could benefit from that. Here, or in the Travel Products forum (you could then link from your post to the thread).
Well, I used to have this pattern on my hard drive. However it appears the software gremlins erased it. Instead I can offer a link to another version of the folding travel tray - I'm posting the link rather than the pattern out of respect for the poster's ownership of her work.

These trays are good for more than jewelry and pocket change. These days I travel with too many small things related to technology - adaptors, power cords, USB flash drives, etc. and I keep a tray handy for them so they don't get left behind in a hotel room.

Some might have concerns about how to attach the snaps. You can either use old fashioned sew-on snaps, use a snap gun of some type to install them or have a luggage or shoe repair place put them on. I ended up buying a Kam Snaps device as I was making several of the trays for gifts.

[Since then I have used the Kam Snaps for quite a few projects, ranging from repairing the strap on my son's hockey helmet to putting them on a duvet and cover to keep the duvet in place. So if you're worried about spending money on something you might only use one, you might be surprised how useful it could be. No, I don't get a kickback if you buy one. ]