FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:17 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by gil123
Am here now so will add my two or three cents to the thread. Definitely happy I didn't go for the family suite. Rooms are basic and large enough and the bathroom is quite small, cramped, poor water pressure. So I wouldn't want to pay extra for a double room like this. We are in Ewa tower. Beds are comfortable and view is good (upgraded as diamond to ocean view) but otherwise there really is nothing nice about the rooms, only the facility and location are really good. No construction happening now, elevators still a little slow, service is pretty good. Regency Club, as others have stated, is very informal and family oriented (they barely seem to check who enters) and the food and beverage offerings are not bad but nothing special-- good soup and desserts when we were here. They allowed us to eat diamond breakfast at Shor (I wasn't sure so I called front desk and manager said it is not included but comped us anyway) and the buffet was good but not outstanding; some interesting tropical fruits. And BTW, booze is free to diamonds during happy hour at least, not just comped to some according to the rep. They should charge it to your room and then comp it off the bill if you are diamond. All in all not the best HR I've ever been in, but an enjoyable place to spend a few days and pretty decent value for the overinflated prices and older properties of Honolulu. If I weren't diamond however I doubt I would stay here...
Thanks and pretty much what i would have expected. Rooms have been going downhill for years, nothing new there, elevators slow, again that has been that way for years and years. RC is basically open to all, nothing new there either.

So far nothing has been done to upgrade but it's only been a short time. i think even as a Diamond I might stay elsewhere. Hate being disappointed