FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Chipotle" thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:23 pm
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by JerryFF
My grandson introduced me to Chipotle and I really miss them, since the E coli business. What is the sense of their current safety issues? I haven't heard about any problems for quite some time now.
Essentially, they brought in outside experts to assess vulnerabilities in their supply chain, and also in the area of in-store issues (the Boston area outbreak was not e.coli, but was attributed to sick workers with an active virus).

Certain things like, for one example, where lettuce was cut and prepared, was completely changed to try to eliminate chances of contamination. Suppliers were scrutinized much more closely as well.

In the stores, local managers were mandated to be much more strict about not allowing staff with signs of colds and other illness to work - even if it meant closing a location early if substitutes could not be found.

I am fairly risk-averse, but I would go, especially now that they are introducing chorizo.