FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
FlyingVajra

Programs: DL, WN
I recently booked two cross-country DL trips, one in a few weeks in C+ and the later one in FC. I had to call CS to ask a couple of questions about the FC trip & found myself talking to a very pleasant rep. I said I had not flown yet in C+ and was looking forward to trying it out, especially as I noticed the free adult beverages in C+. Then it got funny:

"I am looking forward to having a free drink along with the extra leg room."
"We are very pleased with the upgraded product and service, sir, and know you will be, too. Would you mind me asking you how tall you are?"
"Not at all. About 6'4"."
"Oh! You made the right choice! My son is 6'5" and can't fit into the current pitch in the regular main cabin. The only way he can fly is in Comfort Plus."
"That's interesting to know. I'm sure he appreciates it, too."
"Oh absolutely! And when he learns to drive we're probably going to have to get him a truck."
"...Uh, how old is he?"
"13!"
"And he's already that tall? Wow! What will y'all do if he gets any bigger?"
"He'll have to fly First and later on if he gets even taller be successful enough to go NetJets."

At this point I had to end the call and laugh out loud. First time an airline employee has admitted that even in domestic FC the very tall don't fit! Makes a person wonder about the "new" Main Cabin and the 30/31 pitch.