FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - which Hyatt in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:52 pm
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just a follow-up from my trip to Tokyo a few weeks ago. I stayed multiple nights in the Andaz and final night in grand hyatt (park hyatt wasn't available for final night). I have plat status. For me hands down the Andaz was better. It wasn't even close. I found the room to be better, the view was phenomenal, and the staff was much better. I found the staff at the grand hyatt had more difficulty with English, the room was larger, but not as interesting and while the location was more convenient to transportation I absolutely hated the neighborhood since it was full of touts (I came across people who had friends who were robbed by these touts in the past) and western restaurants etc. It did not feel very Japanese at all and is not an area of Tokyo that I would ever want to return to. The area around the Andaz is mostly government buildings and the area is really dead on weekends and its a bit more of a hike to the subway, but the hotel more than makes up for it. The downside is if you are interested in night life the metro closes in the later evening and cabs can be really pricey. If I go back I certainly would stay at the Andaz and I would like to try out the Park Hyatt.