FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:19 pm
metermaid33

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Cool, sounds like you're good to go. From your description it does sound like you might have been offloaded on your first sector (how?! very weird), but if you fly the next leg things should work out ok.

If this is the outbound part of a round trip (or some longer journey) it will be worthwhile to check the itinerary tomorrow to make sure the downline segments haven't randomly been auto cancelled.

Yeah, save your boarding pass, but also … did you buy wifi on board? In the unlikely event that the miles don't post, one very easy conversation to have with MileagePlus when requesting mileage credit is:

Them: "You weren't on this plane. How dare you say that you were?!"
You: "Interesting. Can you help me request a refund for the wifi I bought while I was on board the plane?"
I always book one ways, so no issues there. I did buy wifi, so I have that extra ammunition if they want to say I wasn't on my first flight. Made it home, so thanks for all the advice along the way.