FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the passing of a FT'er. Good Bye Applefan
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:29 pm
blakeinspace

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
applefan I actually thought he loved apples and perhaps owned an orchard. It was a long time before I purchased an Apple product and realized that was likely what he meant. I'm really sorry to learn he left us so early.
That would have made him laugh... Yes... A big fan of the Apple empire. As everyone went to PC he had to have a Mac. He even owned a Newton... You remember those?... Like first gen PDA type things?... The heck of it is... He bought it five years after they came out, before he started carrying this bricky device around and used it! The only thing he could grow would be a beard or mold in fridge... And the fridge fungus would probably struggle at that.

If the world went VHS... He would be the guy that went Betamax.

MissyDarlin... That photo was framed on his desk. This community and travel in general meant very much to him. I know he enjoyed the FT events he attended... I even went to one with him in San Antonio or Austin (been a while lol)...

But your photo warms my heart, and that is him on the far right. Thank You for having that. Thank you for sharing that.

I will let his family know of this thread, I know they would like to realize how even small touches made electronically can have a big impact in real life.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 1, 2016 at 6:28 pm