FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:47 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyinMike
Will the checkin agents tell you where you will be on the list, or at least if there are any Explats on it? I'm short 2 stickers, but today's ewr-phx shows 1 seat left. I'm Plat, so I don't want to spend $80 to not get upgraded when I can not get upgraded for free.

I have not checked in yet and thought waiting until the airport would be a better option.
Yes, the agents can tell you, as will the AA app starting 4 hours before departure.

There is no need to buy the stickers in advance. Your upgrade will still clear even if you don't have the stickers in your account. You just won't be able to check in or get a first class BP until you buy the extra stickers. Stickers purchased through an agent at the airport used to be more expensive than those purchased online or at a kiosk, but that appears to be no longer the case.