FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Awards Booking VIA ALASKA Would they allow you to take earlier flight?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:48 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I've done this, but only at the airport just prior to departure. Arrived LHR, booked on CX F to HKG on AA redemption. Asked for earlier departure. CX said to go to AA ticketing desk and have them switch the rezzie. (Award space is often pretty much open a few hours before departure.) Went to the AA desk, got the switch done, went back to CX and checked in as normal.
Asking AS to make the change implies a $125 fee without MVPG status. This isn't something you'd experience on AA but would be an issue on an AS-issued ticket. OP doesn't say if they have MVPG/75K status, but I'm guessing no?

I'm pretty sure operating airlines can make changes on tickets issued on another airline's stock if they want to without involving the other airlines on day of flight (they control the ticket at that point). I suppose CX doesn't want to unless there's a clear operational need, which I suppose is fair.