FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I overreacting to this pat down?
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:53 pm
jcazes

Programs: Mileage Hoarding Anonymous
Am I overreacting to this pat down?

Had an unfortunate TSA experience at Detroit yesterday and am curious to hear what some other flyers think.

Was randomly selected for additional screening in the pre-check line. I've flown ~500k miles over the past few years and have never had an issue with pat downs but was under the impression random screenings were supposed to be a simple pat-down after the x-ray. Instead, the man asked me to walk through a body scanner, so I politely declined and opted for a pat down. He then asked me to remove my shoes / belt and get a full pat down. Has anyone else encountered this in the pre check line? I thought this was a little weird but proceeded as I've done this dozens of times in non pre-check airports.

My coworker thought this was funny and started filming, and what followed was the most aggressive pat down I've ever received:

I muted it to remove some of the comments my coworker made. I spoke frankly but only cursed once. You can see how much my body moves near the beginning -- not a huge deal but uncomfortable. Then he proceeded to my lower body and felt my groin 7 times and groped the front of my crotch.

My coworker had a good laugh but I'm still frustrated about this and would love to hear what you all think.