FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are AA Platinum Pro Benefits? Are they worth it? (master thread)
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:03 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by pk1209
(They still have those crappy 16-seat "First Class" sections. For a flight that is 6 hours wheels-up westbound.)
My not very scientific observations is that on a majority of >500 miles flights, 16 FC seats can accommodate all paid FC/SWU, EXP and some PLTs. When you get to 12 FC (like the Airbus), you tend to get a few EXP in Coach. Naturally, this rolls down to PlatPro and Plats.

So, take that 16 FC anytime even if it is not very fancy. Of course, there are high demand flight times, but I am thinking across all of the e500 eligible routes.

Originally Posted by flyingchief
Now that they are rolling out PLT Pro, I'm very happy and will stay loyal to AA. I just wish that I could qualify for it with this year's travel so that I could enjoy it sooner than Oct/Nov of next year.

This will certainly discourage me from looking for trips to schedule this year once I hit 50K EQM.
Yes, I agree this was a mistake and really is a problem for those who would have to really push to get to 100k in 2016, I am not so interested. It is possible they might do something to 'award' the status earlier in 2017 for those who would have otherwise been or are on track to get it based on 2017 bookings, but I think they just give themselves more flexibility to make those decisions without a promise.

Rasheed