FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT $702 in A/J 18.9K EQMs
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:20 pm
rktsci

I don't know why I'm even considering it after the last run that had major delays and missed connections, but I have a window of opportunity next week to get a third run for the year in. This time looking at LAX-MIA-PTY-MIA-LAX to get two 5+ hour rides on the 777-300. Fewer miles, but perhaps a more comfortable experience. I'm sprinkling in some meetings in MIA on the way and back, so the buffer times gives me some flexibility.

For those that have done both the same day and one night turn-arounds in PTY, what's the recommendation? I've done only the one night, but was thinking that if I did the same-day turnaround, I could do two nights at the same hotel in MIA and leave my bag behind for the day. It would be a little simpler on the planning and the aging body (no 5am getup in PTY). On the other hand, it eliminates the possibility of some site-seeing in PTY (last two runs arrives too late to do anything beyond walk around for an hour). I'm looking at the 11:54am arrival and could get in a four hour canal and city tour.

I'm torn!