FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAA - no processing fee giftcards
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:12 pm
qazwsx

Originally Posted by fletchbo
I did some testing at four different AAA Mid-Atlantic locations this month, June 2016.

1. You must be AAA member to buy VGC fee-free.

2. Most AAA stores limit you to $1000/day, but it is nor hard-coded in the system; depends on the store policy. I have one store that allows $2000+/visit; have not tried higher limits to stay under the radar.

3. During the fee-free promo period, there is a $3500 limit total per AAA member IF they REGISTER THE PURCHASE to your name and AAA acct. You will know if they registered it to your name, if your name shows up on the invoice for card purchase. IF they do not register your name to the purchase, and no name on the invoice, there is no lmit in the 60-day period.
I found some stores consistently register to my name, and some do not. There is nothing you can say to the store to hope they do not register you, it seems to be local store policy, or agent's habit to allow the purchase with/without registration.

So, once you hit your $3500 cumulative purchases in the registering stores, find other ones that do not.

4. $500 GC denominations *seem* to trigger a flag to Metabank / AAA that you may be an MS'er ... so perhaps avoid this denomination.
What denomination did you buy and how long have to been buying from AAA? What's your typical churn a month? I'm going to start using AAA and I don't want to be blacklisted.