FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Conducting Research: Shut up Aviation Geeks
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:13 pm
rickg523
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I don't see a lot of gaming the system going on in Flyer Talk. Mostly what I see are people asking reasonable questions trying to understand a sometimes complex set of rules and procedures that make up mileage plan. For example there are endless threads on "how first class upgrades work". AS already knows how they work, they designed it; but everyone else not so much.
Sorry. Didn't mean it pejoratively. What I meant was playing the game to their best advantage - within, but to the absolute extent the rules allow. And paying close enough attention to find and exploit "seams" that will pop up every now and then, usually for a short time before the companies involved get wise to them.
Really what I was trying to get at was that unless your particular circumstances warrant it, you won't really get much reward trying to game the system. And therefore what's posted here isn't really detrimental to those flyers who collect' em, trade 'em, and show their friends.