FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Conducting Research: Shut up Aviation Geeks
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:09 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Let me give you an example: Enough people brag and say they abused xyz award, that award will go up in cost and be scarcely available. I don't want the MileagePlan program ruined anymore than it has been.
As opposed to AS employees reading FT posts? The CX forum is full of "Can I get a stop outside of HKG?" and so on. There's blogs out there that talk about AS program rules.

My point is if AS is going to "ruin" the program, it's not going to be because of a survey. They already know bloody well how their awards are being redeemed; they have the data in the form of tickets should they choose to do any deep analysis on the data (and they do some form of this already in the annual reports to stock analysts; you have to assume they know everything and so do partners, which is why EK awards inflated overnight). They can read FT. They know that a stopover on a one way can equate to having a free one way ticket out of an AS hub. And so on.

I think your paranoia is misplaced. The killer is already inside the house.