FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:30 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Ic kuala lumpur

IC KUALA LUMPUR

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Very as a first stay here. (I can't remember where I stayed last time 5years ago)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
o Booked IC Club Room initially Flex (700++) then when sure cancel/rebook as ADR (480++)
o Modded on same day I rebooked to Ambassador Suite , 5days before arrival
o Re-Modded 7am day of arrival to Exec suite
o Checkin was still ExecSuite (1830pm), although Amb Suite for sale still. Ask about Amb Suite and given it as I had the printout
o Note Hotel has 2x Ambassador Suites + 1x Presidential suite

How are the rooms?
o Warm decor, nice overall feel, tip top (spotless) condition, guessing refurbished recently
(Apprarentl IC KUL refurbing by room types Grand Prem already completed, now doing Premier)
o Entry way
- off to left
- small clothes cupboard, large wc+washbasin room, kitchen room(full fridge+freezer) + sink + coffee maker. Service Hatch (sliding but open) to
living cum dining room
- straight ahead is living room
- door to Living/Dining room of kitchen... a double width room
o Living+Dining Room
- Rectangular table with 8 dining chairs
- Large sofa
- 2x armchairs
- large tv
- double width door to bedroom
o Entering Bedroom
- 1st door to right a walkin room for storage and further door to bathroom
o 2nd door to right a large bathroom
- Large separate shower cubicle and bath, his n hers sinks
- 2 doors off right side, first to afore mentioned storage room, 2nd to toilet room with also a bidet
o Bedroom itself
o King Plus double bed, side tables, dressing table, workdesk, armchair with footstool, large TV wallmounted, over cabiners, cabinet had a 2nd minbar fridge too

How is the exec. lounge?
o Nice and large
o sparkling wine sweet/sickly, couldn't drink it, switched to beer
o arrived too late for teatime but 1830 is middle of evening canapes/alcohol time. Of note was chef station cooking local dishes but had to pass as going out but will make sure to try next visit.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
o tin local snacks in room
o something given in lounge, not looked/opened yet to see what it is

How was the minibar?
o Kitchen fridge
4 minatures
1 each of soda/cola etc *4 in total*
small red+white wine
1 can carlsberg, 1 can heineken
o bedroom minibar fridge
found just before checking out in a unit under TV
- 2x beers, sodas, not remember if minatures

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
o 2-cat upgrade from IC-Club room to Amb suite
o Lounge access allows restaurant b/f instead
o room not dated, and like new
o taxi from/to airport is consistent 45mins, better+quicker than AE to sentral followed by local taxi.

-Bad
o Sparkling wine in lounge was imho awful (very sweet)
o restaurant b/f choices not great, juices orange etc at room temp ie not on ice, fruit platters were nearly all empty when I arrived 0830 and remained unreplenished for 15mins plus. Restaurant eggs not fresh

Neutral
o minibar seemed slightly reduced for RA?, as historically normal contents 2x Tiger 2x Carlsberg, with RA reduced with 1 of each and no spirits. Spirits there this time but only 1x Tiger and 1x Carlsberg.
o Semi-sucess .. Asked lounge for more beer and got 2x Tiger/2x Carlsberg extra but were warm. Ended up buying beer in the hotel bar.
o not convenient from airport for 30min AE train ie to Sentral (so best get black taxi 75MYR)
o was not informed to order my return taxi before 4pm day before departure to get 75MYR taxi. So is then either Hotel Limo (220) or Normal Taxi (100)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
o KUL hotels seemed cheap compared to Europe. IC-KUL ADR great rates compared to Flex for a Club Room
o 30k points (value $210 /£150) not worth it as entry level rooms onlt 400++ MYR (ADR) and 535++ Flex (ie £67++ , £90++ )
o At these prices definitely, and would always look to book ADR Club Room (450++) versus Base room on company rate (315++)

Would you return?
Yes at these room rates, booking IC Club for a suite upgrade.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 29, 2016 at 10:36 pm