FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planning a trip to the Lisbon area -- need your insights?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:29 am
swiftaw

Programs: Continental OnePass
Sorry to hijack this thread, but my wife and I just decided to stop off in Lisbon on the way to see my parents for Christmas. Well, be there for about 2.5 days, arriving mid-afternoon on a Saturday, and flying out first thing Wednesday morning.

I have started to do research, but I thought I'd ask here since I am sure there are some of you that have been to Lisbon plenty of times.

What would you say are 'must do' things? We like good food (especially seafood), wine and beer. We are city more than country people, and I like to take photos of cityscapes.

I've started looking at hotels, budget is not a huge concern, but I don't really have an idea of which part of the city would be best to stay in. We have no problem with using public transport (tram/metro etc) however since we are only there a short time would prefer not to have to take transport to get to everything we want to do.

Any insight anyone can provide would be great, and I'm sure once I start doing more research I'll have more questions.