FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:36 pm
ukyank

Completed my stay. Excellent location. Checkin was a breeze, staff was very friendly & was upgraded to a suite.
Room was nice, albeit a long & skinny configuration that made it seem a bit smaller than it was. Bed was very comfortable.
As mentioned earlier the TV's had chromecast ability which is nice but as someone who is unfamiliar with chromecast it wasn't very intuitive at all to use.
As for the much mentioned rooftop deck: it's open during the day & was pretty empty so was easy to go up & have a look around. Great space & great view. At night different story; when I was checking in I was told it was completely booked during my stay & that of I wanted I could go up & see the desk at the entrance to get wait listed & would be notified if I would be allowed in if space opened up. Too much of a hassle for me so didn't try. That whole thing put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth; though seeing the clientele that we're going up there (lots of old guys with young women) I'm guessing they were dropping a lot more cash than I would have.

Breakfast was fruit, yogurt, pastries, & an omelet station (not the full menu as someone mentioned).

Lastly, my room was directly next to an elevator i nearly went back down to request a different one without even going in as I've previously had bad experiences with noisy elevator but this one didn't make a peep inside the room.

Overall a nice addition to Chicago. Not quite as nice as the WA but better located (I guess that's completely depending on where one needs to be of course). Between this, the upcoming Conrad, the Wit & the WA, Chicago is a great city for Hilton brands.

Overall very nice