FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:20 am
sxpsxpsxp

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Just came back from a 5-night stay and wanted to share a few brief thoughts. Arrived around lunch-time, and they had my room ready. Room 620 also had a lovely view of some rooftops and related stuff, which was fine because it contributed to the room being quiet. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. I was disappointed that I didn't get to try out the bath tub.

I made the mistake of ordering room service one night. I ordered the chicken pannini. It took over an hour for the food to arrive. The potatoes were described in the menu as crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The best way I can describe them is "soggy" and perhaps somewhat undercooked. Without going into too much detail, I spent the next day quite uncomfortable, and had nothing but tea, water and crackers to eat. I don't know if it was a coincidence, or if my stomach really didn't like something about the pannini or the potatoes.

The US-format outlet didn't work, and the supposed night light (there was a switch so labeled) also didn't work, or if it did, I couldn't locate it.

I found that housekeeping kept changing out my bath towel every day except the last day, despite me hanging it up.

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I spent very little time in the room itself.