FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:24 pm
RaflW

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 81Freestyle
I'm confused on the Comfort+ on Delta's 767 as there's a difference in Delta's seatmap versus any map on SeatGuru;

A November Delta JFK - Amsterdam flight, DAL46. I think it was designated a 76W.

Delta.com Comfort+ is shown on Delta's seatmap; rows 13 and 14 are both AB - lavs - 13 F G, 15 to 17 all Comfort+
Aircraft is stated as a 767, no letter.

KLM iPad app: Shows a generic seatmap with no differences in class, starting at row 14 (13 is somehow missing?) to 42. Aircraft type 767-300.

I can't make anything of it hehe.. went with row 14 for now.

With the double emergency exit in front of the wings/near the engine, this map makes no sense.. just trying to avoid the no window seats that are around there somewhere.

Anyone who knows what's going on?
Search through this thread for 76Z v1 and 76Z v2 posts. The seatmap pic you linked to is a 76Z v2. If you look in the wiki, I recently posted pics of a 76Z v2. The second row AB/FG pairs are fine for windows (I think DL just renumbered v2s to match the other, so where my post says row 14 shares a window, that is now numbered row 15... so DL has added to the confusion (I should re-edit my photo post)).

BUT: Beware that DL frequently subs the 76Z v1 for the v2. In fact, DL has more v1s in the fleet, but my theory is that DL posts all flights that may operate the v1/v2 interchangeably as a v2 ahead of time since the v2 has only one overwing exit row, and a smaller CDE block of C+ seats. This way they don't disappoint pax by reseating them to Y- seats, or from an exit row to a non-exit row in the 'premium' seating area if they swap from a v1 to a v2.

If you end up in a v1, your seat selection should follow and I'm fairly sure you'll have decent window view. It is actually a better seat then IMO as there's not a lav nearby with related traffic and vacuum toilet noise. Good luck!

PS - I would not bother with KLM's seat maps for DL operated flights.