FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:17 am
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by ORD4R
As a data point, I am a business owner and I have terminated people immediately for grossly failing to follow documented process or being extremely rude to customers without just cause. When I have done this in the past, I have personally seen the unacceptable behavior and have taken immediate action to address it and terminate the employee.

As a business owner if I don't set the tone of what is an acceptable way to treat customers and what is not, my staff will not maintain the service standard I desire. On the flip side when I have seen customers treat my employees in an unacceptable manner, I have told them I no longer want to do business with them and I terminated the business relationship.

By the way my staff is very supportive of this practice, they want the rotten apples removed from the barrel whether they are employees or customers.

I believe the lack a true management on aircraft creates a situation which allows for substandard performance. If it were my organization every flight would have an FA who was also a fully empowered supervisor.
As have I - which makes us the enemy of "labor" - don't ever change and don't apologize for it - you are completely right - especially in a global economy....

BTW - you are my favorite runway....