FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives Reviews and Questions: Consolidated Thread
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:57 pm
MilaidhooMaldives
Company Representative, Milaidhoo Maldives

Originally Posted by anthropod
Thanks... Inside the CIP building do they offer the same red/green declaration option before exiting or is it a bit different?

I assume the CIP and airport folks have a way of ID'ing your checked bags from the arriving airplane or does the passenger work with a CIP representative to identify and collect the check bags, then moving to the CIP building to wrap things up?

For those departing through the CIP building for international destinations, what is the recommended time to arrive before your flight departure? I have a 23:50 TK flight but the Gili folks are letting us stay in our villa the whole day and evening until they boat us back to the CIP.

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to visit Maldives for the first time.
I haven't been inside myself, but I understand it's more like a lounge where you would sit while the officials do the running around. It doesn't get used much so it's likely it'll just be you there at that time.

I doubt they have red/green channels and I would expect them to just ask you whether you have anything to declare. They will still xray your luggage as it's unloaded from the plane so I don't recommend you pack anything you shouldn't!