FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:46 pm
epaairnow

Originally Posted by peabody
Are targeted offers exempt from the 24 month rule? I received a 50k bonus miles offer for the AA Platinum Select card in the mail directed to me, which expires in mid-July. I have had this card in the past, received the bonus, and closed the card about 19 months ago, which is the last time I have had this card (had the business version some months ago as well but no longer open).

The offer does not have the 24 months language. It does say "this offer is valid only for new accounts".

Would this second application be considered a new account? I am trying to decide whether I should apply for it now or need to wait 6 more months and apply to receive the bonus.

I could not find a definitive answer in the wiki or in this thread concerning whether targeted offers are exempt from the 24 month rule as of this month. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
I have used mailers 4 times this year for myself and 4 times for wife. You should be good to go... Maybe can use it twice before expiration and following 8/65 rule