FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:52 pm
chuuch

Here is my Datapoint - a tad late but I just called the BOA CSR.

Applied for 2 $25K/$100 back cards nearly simultaneously on May 27 after-hours - yes, I know doubly bad idea now. One was auto-approved for $21K, the other was not. I was just going to wait it out to avoid another HP but was getting calls from BOA so I called back on 6/3. Person was from the fraud department so it was probably suspicious to have double applications, he didn't really care and approved it. Appears so far they didn't do a separate HP.

Decided today since I have both cards in hand and was going to activate them to call and see if they would match the 30K offer. CSR immediately saw that I had two cards, said there was no way the 5/27 one could be matched (they were being very strict on that), but put me on hold for several minutes for the 2nd since it showed as 6/3 instead of 5/27. She got back to me and said one has to apply via the link, it cannot be changed retroactively, but she did give me $25 credit to offset the purchase of 5000 more miles - so I appreciate the gesture (though I don't plan to do that).