FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MUC Terminal 1 Lounges (Schengen / Non-Schengen Access)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:32 am
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jstadnicki
I am flying to/from MUC via Reykjavik on Icelandair. I have Priority Pass access to the Atlantic and Europa lounges in Terminal 1. As the flights are Schengen flights, I should use the Europa Lounge. However, the flights are early arrivals (6:15 AM) / departures (7:25 AM) and the Europa Lounge doesn't open until 7:00 AM.

The Atlantic Lounge opens at 6:00 AM, but PP notes that it is for non-Schengen flights. My Qs are:

1. Will I be able to access the Atlantic Lounge since the Europa Lounge won't be open at those hours?

2. How long does it take to walk from one to the other?

3. Would it make a difference if my tickets are technically non-Schengen (to / from the US) even though the actual flight from MUC is Schengen (stopover in Iceland)?

4. Will I need to go through immigration and/or security within Terminal 1 to get from one lounge to the other?

Thanks in advance!
Didnīt try it but you should arrive in the Schengen area and you can only enter the non-Schengen area with a non-Schengen ticket. Also I donīt think they provide arrival-access with Priority Pass. At some airports they offer access-cards to enter the non-Schengen area for lounge-guests (CDG for example) but never heared something like this about MUC.