FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Transatlantic Coach from West Coast to Athens.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:31 pm
Amber400

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
You could also try Edelweiss YVR-ZRH and connect to Aegean ZRH-ATH, but I've flown neither of them.
I flew Edelweiss economy last month YVR-ZRH (connecting to Tel Aviv) and can recommend it. On a Tuesday night the plane was only about 10% full; people were just lying down over the four middle seats (thus they had more space on an economy class ticket than anyone in economy plus). The food was good, and the flight attendants walked through pretty often with snacks, ice cream, drinks, and so on. My only complaint is that after dinner they had me close the windowscreen; I would have preferred to look at the Greenland icecap all night.

In Zurich I had a seven-hour layover so took the train into the city, visited some of the ancient churches, walked through the lovely park by the lake, and had dinner. Then had enough time for a shower in the airport (15 Swiss francs) before my onward flight.

On the return flight ZRH-YVR, on a Sunday afternoon, this time the plane was full (vacationing Swiss families, mostly) but the Edelweiss flight was still pleasant.