FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX blocking award availability when it's close to departure?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:36 am
nufnuf77

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by jazzmailman
I'm very unhappy with this decision. I credit and collect BA avios for the sole purpose of redeeming for HKG-TPE but yet haven't been able to use it for a while. No clarification has ever been offered until this thread.

While I'd blame the fraudulent activity basically came from BA's own mistake of getting hacked - I agree with one of the previous poster that if you can somehow enable it via phone booking so that we can prove our identity, it's at least a stopgap to whatever BA is trying accomplish.

Dear BA, if you are reading this, can you at least enable the redemption via phone? At least I can provide you with my personal information, and the 'hackers ' are very less likely to actually call to make a redemption.

Thank you.
I agree, it seems BA needs to put a procedure in place to prevent fraud on CX redemptions (phone or similar seem like a good idea) and to solve this long-term - eg better account security(the password one-step sign-in is a joke, when you think one may have millions of avios waiting to be stolen...)