FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Travel, "Spinners," Durability, Delsey (?), & Your Advice
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:28 am
madorcruz

I am a lady based in KUL (Travel a lot between KUL-SIN-TPE) and after living in 4 continents the past decade and millions of miles of air travel, I'd like to think that I've got this packing and flying thing down pat.

I normally travel for 1-2 weeks in each city and this is my travel gear.

1. Samsonite Cosmo Spinner (if any Australian city is part of your travels then pick it up then as they have 40-50% off the Cosmo lite range very often) . I have luggage from this range in a myriad of sizes depending on time/place of travel.

2. Delsey Dauphine 4 wheel spinner carry-on (weights 3.5lbs ,lightest and least flimsy compared to others between 3-5lbs)

3. Cabin Zero backpack( I only use this for flights to North America/Europe where I'll require my laptop, iPad, kindle, books, and 2 days worth of clothes)

I do not use soft-sided luggage in SE-Asia as there's a higher risk that someone will slit my bag and I won't notice till I get to the hotel and also my travel partner and I recently travelled together to Taiwan and there was the massive issue with their airport and bad weather and her belongings were 100% drenched as the bags were sitting outside in the open and mine were maybe 40-50% drenched.

Hope this helps!