FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Y Singapore to Jakarta and the Mulia Hotel ...
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:32 am
SQTraveller

SQ963 CGK-SIN
May 2016
A350-900
Class: Economy
Estimated duration: 1hr 50mins
Scheduled Departure: 18:05
Actual Departure: 18:23
Scheduled Arrival: 20:55
Actual Arrival: 20:47
Plane registration: 9V-SMB

Delivered in April 2016.

So the plane on this leg was also the Airbus A350-900, compared with the B777 for my outbound journey. For those of you that didn’t read/don’t want to read, the summary is that I am very excited about introduction about the A350-900 ULR and really want to get on the inaugural flight …. in 2018! HAHA!!!

I took quite a number of photos of the new business class, but I thought that this one photo really show it well. Really, really elegant. I liked the older style business class (the ones that are with the A380) but they are good for size. As they say size doesn’t matter, and in this case they have really made good use of the space. I also the like the colours. Although I was a big fan of the A380 business class colour scheme, the light colours seem to show age more easily as they can stain and so on.

There were actually people in Premium Economy so I decided not to take too many photos. Here is the one photo that shows the space reasonably well.

I don’t do this for a living so I can only afford economy class travel … yes awwww I hear you say.

Unfortunately the seat photo was really blurred so I’m glad at least one of these photos came out reasonably well. I really like the new layout. The tv is really clear and the control very convenient in the seat back — much easier to deal with than when travelling on the older planes. Also you can tell this is made for the e-generation — lots and lots of ports!!! Love it!

And as usual I ordered a special meal. For this leg of the journey I pre-ordered a hindu non-vegetarian meal – for the unintiated what this actually means is spicy meal with no possibility of serving beef. As you will already know, I don’t really eat beef so this is a good option for me.

Once again, the irony of leaving after the scheduled departure time, and arriving before the scheduled arrival time.

What is there to say about Changi? Quick and efficient. I was out and in a cab within 30mins of landing with a couple of cans of Guinness from duty free….

Thanks SQ for a great flight!!!!

You can find the full trip report at this link