FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this really how gold qualification works?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:14 pm
magnummike

Programs: NZ*E, Qantas Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by drajknox
I don't know that what you have posted above is accurate. I understand that SP drop off 365 days from earn and looking at my account today I can see June transactions from last year pre June 21 for which status points are now zero while there are transactions on June 24 still showing SP.

Where did you get information about a rule change at the start of this month?
Originally Posted by Aqua_3380
Well done on making it back.

I set a spreadsheet up to track my path back to *G (done!) and on to *E (possible, but unlikely). It gets update based on the information on the airnz app on an almost daily basis because most of my travel is domestic, i.e. little and often and I update everything as soon as I have finished flying.

I see the old SPs dropping off a year to the day after they were awarded; every 366 days this year because of the leap year, and I hadn't seen any kind of end of month cut off related issues.
Hi team
drajknox - there was no information about a rule change. I just noticed when I was working to the rolling 365 'method', I wasn't getting the same numbers as the AirNZ website/app. When I adjusted it as I outlined above, it then all lined up.

Aqua_3380 - cheers - good to be back
Well, the good news is it's working for you (and the way we all agree it should work) - so maybe there was a glitch just for me (the universe was trying to stop me!). The even better news (for me anyway), is that I just have to focus on requalifying now, and not have to worry about the extra hurdle of qualifying. Good luck Aqua_3380 on your quest!