FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What type of strap do you use for your camera?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:50 pm
mspreh
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by phranktzi
The strap itself is fine, its the connector to the socket that might get loosen by 1/8 of a turn.

I should describe it more of the camera twisting around that causes it to loosen.
Try the Joby Pro Sling Strap instead, it comes with an extra safety tether cable, and upgraded materials. I know a lot of the photographers that shoot extreme sports (mountain type stuff, climbing, skiing/boarding, paragliding, etc), and sporting events.

Many of them have switched from Black Rapid, to the Joby Pro Sling, in combination with the Joby Arca Swiss plate that allows them to mount to a mono pod or tripod with the strap still attached, or they can quick unscrew the strap and hook it up without having to put the QR plate on.

At the last olympics Jeff Cable was the only photographer still using Black Rapid. Not that everyone else was using the Joby Pro, but it was the new dominate strap for photographers from the US. In London four years ago everyone was using Black Rapid straps.

For me personally, I like both the Black Rapid straps and the Joby. Either one though I would want a new QR plate for my tripod. If using the Black Rapid, the Fusion Photo plate (expensive around $65) has an eyelet that pops down to attach your strap, or fold up to mount your camera to your tripod.

The Joby plate is just longer and has an additional mounting screw on the bottom towards one side so you can put the camera in the tripod mount with the strap still on.

So I would go with one of those two options.