FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please do not lock your luggage
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:33 am
tsadude

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Funny, there are lots of carry on x-ray machines in Europe that seem to work just fine 1)With only 2 operators per checkpoint and 2)Without requiring people to remove laptops and other electronic devices from bags. This machine is the Rapiscan.

I haven't checked bags to/from Europe, but I know that I don't see an army of people opening bags due to a 30% false-positive rate. In Munich, they x-rayed people's checked luggage and allowed them to keep it locked. I didn't see anyone being asked to open their luggage after it was x-rayed. Perhaps these are machines that just don't function correctly once they have been imported into the US? Some bizzare 220/110V power conversion problem? Or, perhaps it's because Comrade Daschle's wife is not peddling this particular brand?

</font>

How many more years have the Europeans been doing this than us? How do you figure that the TSA has the experience level as the Germans? That experience is not there yet.