FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Churning after 2 years for a Euro trip
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:27 pm
blueflower22

I want to take advantage of the new increased United offer that expires end of this month. I have not yet cancelled any CC. I agree I am not a good planner or a serious churner to have taken care of these things. I am a new mom and do not have time to do a lot of research/planning. All I want are free/almost free tickets on economy and free nights at decent hotels for my trip for my family.
What would be the best course of action for me now? I could cancel southwest and wait a week to apply for united. Also southwest is one for which I have the highest line of credit but I never use the card. My two main cards are freedom and SP and they have relatively low credit lines for me. Will closing SW card which results in my credit line decrease affect my approval? I also want to apply for the IHG card for hotels so that will be 2 Chase CC. What are my chances of getting approved for these? I am looking for one more non chase CC to apply that'd help me towards this trip. Any suggestions for me?
I really appreciate you guys helping me out.