FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Travel, "Spinners," Durability, Delsey (?), & Your Advice
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:41 am
dtsm

Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
Finally, and I think this is the thing most overlooked by travellers of all experience levels (including me): learn to pack and keep learning. For some of the locations you've listed it will be very inexpensive to have your clothes laundered (be sure to have a backup). Plenty of YouTube video, blogs and articles on this but also observe other travellers. The less you have to take, the smaller the bag you will need and the easier it will be for a 5'4" petite woman to navigate.
Good luck on your travels.
This is excellent advice.....having been traveling to Asia for decades on biz, I'm now down to a large carry-on plus large backpack for my cpap machine, electronic devices/chargers, etc..

Select 3-4 of each type of clothing, matching colors will help; plus if you're traveling summer time, keep in mind it's warm to hot weather so no bulky warm clothes required. Shoes is the most difficult, I travel with one pair dress, one pair sandals and one pair of sneakers......

Hitting multiple countries in 3 weeks means waiting for checked bags, etc. Asian carriers are pretty good about handling luggage (based on Mrs. experience), she uses soft-side Lipault brand spinner. Their durable, well designed, and never had any problems. https://www.lipault-usa.com/ She uses a 26" check in bad and smaller carryon for trips up to 6 weeks in Asia.

Enjoy Asia, you'll have a blast!