FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Pellegrino World's Best Restaurants" thread
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:44 am
cakegirl

Septime in Paris moved into the list this year at slot # 50. I happened to be eating there the day after it did. I found it inconsistent, and I think they take the casual dining thing a bit far. I loved the first dishes on the tasting menu - the veggie focused ones were very good. But as the menu moved on it went a bit downhill. A fish was bland, and one of the desserts was really just a terrible flavor.

We did the tasting with wine pairing. They did forget one of our wine pairings but realized after and gave us an extra course and pairing without us asking about it. That was very nice-but the problem was we could not get a waiter's attention while we had the course to ask about the missing wine.

I know they are very focused on the casual dining thing, but clearing the plates and placing the dirty silverware on a bare table repeatedly is a bit much for me. At one point I pointedly handed the silverware( covered with a sauce from the previous course) to the waiter with the plate and it was returned to the table.

It was good and innovative and the space had charm. But it was not Top 50 to me. I had a MUCH better lunch at Frenchie, with better service, a few days later.