FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barbados and..?
Thread: Barbados and..?
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:41 pm
Clint Bint
Suspended

Originally Posted by saint_em
Hi all,

Husband and I have flights only booked to/from Barbados for 2 weeks next Feb/March.

Plan is to watch some cricket (waiting for fixtures to be confirmed), and we can probably fill another 3-4 days, but we don't think we can cope with 2 whole weeks in one place (we like the sun and the sea but after a couple of hours on a beach we're done).

Any suggestions for another island to pair with Barbados? We like history and nature, and are happy on boat trips, snorkelling, hiking, kayaking, and enjoying the odd beer in the sun.

I'd love to go to the Asa Wright centre on Trinidad to see the birds, but I'm not sure I fancy a whole week there. Grenada also appeals, while we like the history aspect of Antigua but think it's probably too similar to Barbados beyond that.

We did a Caribbean cruise cruise in Jan and visited St Thomas and St John, St Kitts, St Maarten, Barbados, and St Lucia, while the cruise started and finished in San Juan PR.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

March 3,5 Antigua
March 9 Barbados

Pretty much as expected.Booked a flight into Antigua and out of Barbados for £640 which is pretty good for that time of year and the cricket interest.
Hotel prices beginning to climb as more interest is being shown.