FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Marco Polo Club / Asia Miles FAQs
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:49 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by nivla83
Just to check, I have some upcoming flights via OneWorld carriers and I have AsiaMiles membership but no MPC as I do not want to pay the USD100. I have calculate the total Club Points I will earn is about 235.
Ha, then why are you considering to buy into MPC membership? I think you probably should keep your money in your pocket...235 Club Points earns you exactly squat with CX. Silver status is obtained when you hit 300. If you think you can hit 300 it might be worth it, otherwise I'd probably choose to bank somewhere more lucrative.

Ironically, 235 points means you are kinda flying. Depending on the cabins and whatnot, perhaps you could earn OW Ruby with another OW carrier.

Originally Posted by nivla83
Do I need to sign up and pay for MPC first before I can earn the club points?
Yes, technically you must sign up for MPC before you earn Club Points. However, the Club Points system and this $100 Green fee is a new twist. It seems possible CX **might** given you retroactive Club Points for some recent flights taken before paying the fee, but there really is no guarantee as we don't have enough time with the new system for there to be precedent.