FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives Reviews and Questions: Consolidated Thread
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:01 am
jfkcnf

Programs: -
Maldives - Mirihi vs. "luxury properties"

Anybody here ever stayed at Mirihi and can compare it to the more luxurious properties often recommended here (one and only, jumeirah, FS, anandara, six senses etc)?

We are scheduled to go to Maldives in late September/ early October and originally decided to do 4nts at Mirihi and burn some hilton points at Conrad (3nts) which I gathered is ~15 min boat ride from Mirihi.

That said, since it's low season, I noticed that almost every luxury hotel that is typically discussed here is more or less within our budget (<1000/nt incl tax), as many hotels have 4th night free for low season.

Anyway, I guess I'm just wondering if I should take advantage of the lower rates and stay somewhere nicer that would topically by unattainable to us.

Note that we aren't really into just "sitting at a beach" and activities are important to us. We just got our PADI certification in the Seychelles earlier this year and loved it, so diving is a must.

FWIW we are a couple in mid 20s, and would prefer somewhere that isn't focused on families/kids but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Anyway, know this is a long post but any feedback would be much appreciated!