FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:08 pm
Coathanger

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 54austin
Sorry to hear about your bad taxi experience. We got ripped off going from the airport to the hotel, but somewhat redeemed ourselves by using Uber on the way back. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but it was very, very cheap. If only we were able to connect to the airport's wifi and use it after arriving.
Going from the airport is always going to be challenging with the taxi mafia in place.

I actually had global roaming on my phone so could have used Uber, which I will do next time.

Did one short ride around Seminyak and it was a very reasonable A$2.50.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I always ask for a metered taxi. I recall that they've tried this on me before here. I'm sure that an employee is getting something from the taxi company.
Interesting that this isn't a one-off issue.

The Grand Club staff member specifically requested a metered taxi. Surprisingly the taxi desk is staffed by Blue Bird employees (technically they wear Golden Bird branded batik shirts). Whilst not specifically mentioned in my complaint to the hotel, I'd also assumed somebody at that desk is benefiting.

Gold Passport Concierge will leave it to your discretion to raise it with the General Manager directly. I've corresponded with Amrit, the Executive Assistant Manager.