FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:38 am
MarkedMan

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
I've seen stuff in the tapas section like chilled salmon from time to time, but as I pointed out many posts ago when they reshuffled the deck they effectively cut the offer, as the space where the sandwiches etc used to live, in the cooler, is now just a drinks point. So stuff got taken out.

Now ... I'd be hard pressed to know whether this was a result of a cut in budget or just a restructuring of the offering. In my experience most people gave the cold stuff a wide berth; I liked it OK, pointed out it was cut, but it doesn't sound like folks are too worked up about it. I bet lots of that stuff just sat out a long time. I do appreciate that some will miss the lack of variety in that space.

As for the slop ... there are I think two dishes right now, baked chicken and baked salmon, on offer, which OTOH are apparently going down a storm. Haven't tried either yet but in GF T3 last week I was sat by the buffet and it was pretty much a revolving door of staff refilling the trays for this stuff. I have to say this is nowhere near the quality of food, visually at least, we saw when BS first took over. It's very much not slop, looks miles better. People seem to be lapping it up. If there's been a shift of resources from composite salads which sit out there for hours, to baked chicken and baked salmon dishes which people consume at speeds above Mach1, then it's probably the right decision.