FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sweden on a budget?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:26 am
Romelle

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I agree those shoes (or boots) and socks are probably the most important. Well broke in and road tested. I've also used liner socks on some hikes, although I didn't have blisters with just the wool socks. More for being able to wash that inner layer more often and easily.

And that reminds me ... a bit of laundry detergent can be handy. Shampoo will do in a pinch, but detergent is better.

We aren't going for originality here. Survival. Comfort. Sure thing. Durability. And a balance between those things and weight/bulk.

Originally Posted by TheHouseElf
Great idea! Thank you very much! I will do that tomorrow, because right now I don't have the time to check out the whole thread and my other notes on this trip. But I will gladly do this for myself, but for others as well. It would be nice, if my list could be helpful for others as well.

Edit:

Here comes the list:

My initial gear-list can be found here. What I failed to mention in that post is, that my initial plan for a sleeping system was a REI Minimalist Bivy and a Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Tarp Duo. What my list definitely missed was the sleeping pad. Also the overall costs would have been a bit too high for my budget, so after a lot of useful feedback my list changed the following way:

Instead of going with the bivy+tarp sleeping system, I opted for:

* Marmot Limelight 2P Tent
* Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Mattress
* Forclaz (Quechua) Sleeping Bag

Not very original, but at least it seems kind of foolproof.
The other stuff:

* Backpack - Forclaz (Quechua) 60L
* A 80L cargo-bag to put the backpack+tent+sleeping pad in it for the plane
* An older hiking waistbag
* An older 10 LED headlamp that still functions well (can't tell what brand)
* Kelty Upslope 2.0 Trekking Poles (these where the cheapest ones with acceptable quality)
* A simple, noname pocket knife
* A mini-tool similar to this
* A med kit with stuff bought from Pharmacy
* Some small and random kitchen utensils
* A back-up battery and charger for my phone
* Map and compass (nothing fancy)
* Some hiking clothes (the most important part of these may be the three pairs of hiking socks and the shoes)

That is all... I think.