FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why doesn't JetBlue offer Mosaics upgrades?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:03 pm
moulder3

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
There are so few Mosaics that I don't think B6 is in danger of having excess elites fighting over upgrades just yet.
I have to disagree. The BOS-DCA route seems to be 15-25% Mosaics nowadays and most flights I've been on went from about 5% Mosaic two years ago to 10-15% now. All these matches & promos are making it fairly easy for someone to qualify. I'd say we're fortunate that most of the benefits offered to Mosaics aren't space-limited restrictions so it doesn't impact the current Mosaic members (since our major benefits are cancellation waiver, free bags & free drinks).

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I would love it if when I cancel a flight, the money comes back to my original form of payment rather than my travel bank. If I'm Mosaic, I'm going to fly again. They don't have to forcibly lock me in, especially if it's not my money.
Totally agree with you on this, but there is NO WAY Wall St. would allow this--the only reason they can allow free cancellation is because the $ is already counted as a sale to JetBlue. If they really "lost" money everyone someone canceled, it would look terrible on their balance sheet. I'm extremely grateful that we're able to cancel for free! Yes, it would be nice to get the $ back, but remember that only Southwest offers this perk and AA just announced they're effectively killing what was the few remaining perks of the AAdvantage program (making it just as bad as Delta & United). These days we really need to be grateful for JetBlue...and that we have them as an option!